The Advantages of Interlocking Pavers For Residential Hardscaping
Interlocking Concrete Pavers Are A Smart Choice For Your Bay Area Home Hardscaping
If you're considering a hardscaping project like constructing or replacing a driveway, adding a patio or garden walkway to your outdoor space, one of the most important decisions you'll make is your choice of materials for the project. Is a concrete slab, asphalt or gravel the best option? What about interlocking concrete pavers?
The fact is if you're looking for durability and a beautiful look, no material in use today can stand up to stand out like interlocking concrete pavers. An interlocking concrete paver driveway, patio, walkway or pool surround can add instant curb appeal, provide you with a beautiful area to entertain family and friends and even increase the value of your home.
And that's only the beginning! Interlocking pavers offer homeowners plenty of other benefits. Let's take a look at the advantage of interlocking pavers for your Bay area home's next hardscaping project.
Experience Peak Performance With Interlocking Concrete Pavers
When correctly installed on a well-prepared base, interlocking concrete pavers can last for decades. They offer the homeowner:
• Superior Durability – Interlocking concrete pavers provide nearly four times the load bearing weight of a concrete slab. (About 8000 psi to 2000 psi for slabs) This durability allows pavers to support heavier loads and enjoy a longer usable life than concrete or asphalt.
• Maximum Flexibility – The flexibility of pavers allow for the system to adjust to environmental factors like cold and heat expansion and contraction, as well as seismic distortion that can cause cracking in concrete or asphalt over time. This flexibility adds to the longevity of an interlocking paver system providing you with a long-lasting surface.
• Easier Repair, Lower Maintenance – Repair and maintenance of concrete pavers is affordable and straightforward. If a paver becomes stained or damaged, you simply remove and replace it with a new paver. Concrete and asphalt when stained or cracked can lead to expensive, time-consuming repairs. With Concrete or Asphalt you may need to make repeated repairs over the lifetime of the paved area.
• Easy Maintenance – Sealing your interlocking concrete pavers once every year or two will keep the surface looking like new. You may need to replace joint sand periodically as well. When compared to patching asphalt or repairing cracks in concrete, interlocking concrete pavers are the clear winner!
• Environmentally Friendly – Permeable interlocking concrete pavers can filter and return water to aquifers as well as reduce dangerous contaminated runoff. If you are concerned about the environment, permeable pavers are a great way to improve the look of your home, and the health of the planet.
The Aesthetics of Interlocking Concrete Pavers
Concrete or asphalt limit your options when it comes to aesthetics. You're limited in your color choices, and while stamped concrete offers you several style choices, it is still not as visually appealing as interlocking pavers.
Interlocking pavers come in a wide variety of colors, patterns, shapes, sizes, textures, styles and finishes allowing you to create the perfect surface to compliment the architecture and design of your home. The beauty, durability, strength, flexibility, and affordability of interlocking concrete pavers make them the ideal material for all of your hardscaping projects. Whether it's a paver driveway, patio, pathway, courtyard, or pool deck, interlocking concrete pavers are the best choice for your Bay area home.
If you're planning a hardscaping project for your Bay area home, give the experts at Bayside Pavers a call at 1-866-287-2837. Let us help you to design your project to meet your unique needs. Our team of knowledgeable experts is available to assist you to create the outdoor space of your dreams!
If you're in the San Francisco Bay area, our location in Concord, CA at 2455 Bates Ave, Ste K, services East Bay and South Bay homeowners. Our Santa Rosa, CA location at 1619 4th Street Ste 12 can help you with your North Bay hardscaping projects.